Tuesday, July 1, 2008

SUMMER BREAK!

(I posted this on my webpage, but now I am trying to get my blog going again, thanks to NECC 2008).

06/16/08
SUMMER BREAK!

My schedule includes a couple of weeks of beach camping with my family, four days in Winston-Salem for the New Schools Project Summer Conference, four days in San Antonio for the National Education Computing Conference, an Asheville City Schools technology conference, and the SILSA faculty retreat.

I am also enjoying more time for reading! So far, I have re-read Stephenie Meyer's Twilight. Since my daughter is reading New Moon, I am currently in the middle of Eclipse. (I will go back to New Moon when she is finished, but it was my least favorite of the three.) Of course, I am re-reading the series in anticipation of the August 2nd release of Breaking Dawn. Surely this time Bella will finally become a vampire and marry Edward! (I devoured Meyer's newest book Host right before school ended. The sci-fi geek in me loved it.)

I have also read The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory. I cared for Mary and despised Anne just as I was meant to do. Some of it was too graphic for my tastes, but I appreciated the opportunity to think about life for women of the court in 16th century England. I might read some of the others.

No comments: