Monday, July 30, 2007

Whew!

A whole lotta help is on the way for my students and me, and I am feeling so reassured and energized! I decided to go looking for those digital literacy standards, and then I remembered a big word from school administrators last year: IMPACT. Now, IMPACT hadn't made its way into the classrooms much, but I knew there was great buzz about it among administrators, tech facilitators, and librarians. So I went looking and this is what I found:


If you don't know about NC's implementation of the IMPACT model, click on this picture!!


Last year, my school principal attended several meetings about this program, and my school has been awarded an IMPACT grant. We begin implementing the model this school year. WOW! Please follow the link to learn more, if you want.


That reminded me that there were a group of people I hadn't told about my summer study of Web 2.0, my school librarians. I emailed one, and she emailed right back with lots of encouragement and good news about how IMPACT would help make my dreams a reality. I feel so very reassured. I also asked her if I could serve on the MTAC committee (Media and Technology Advisory Committee). It is quite clear to me that educational technology is a real passion for me.


(Have I mentioned yet that I am married to a Manager of Engineering Services?)


Oh, I can't wait to share with all my dear readers (currently there are none) how I grow as a learner and teacher with Web 2.0!

1 comment:

mlodico said...

I am honored to be the first of your DEAR READERS (I think). I am really excited that you've found the IMPACT document. We are devoting all four of our early release professional development days to IMPACT-related media and technology (esp. research skills) this year. Each of the "events" will be tailored to each school's needs.